1. Complete Notary Application
The Office of the Great Seal now requires all applications to be typed. Handwritten applications will be rejected. Please click here for the fillable application.
2. Submit $10,000 Surety Bond
3. Produce Driver’s License or Pictured State ID. Name and address MUST match the information that is being put on the application.
4. $10.00 Filing Fee payable to the Wexford County Clerk.
Applicant must be:
a. 18 years of age
b. Resident of Wexford County or
c. Employed in Wexford County if a Non-Michigan resident.
* Commissions are 4-5 years ending on Notary’s Birthday
* Commissions are non renewable – must apply for new commission each time
For rules and regulations see www.michigan.gov/sos/