THESE RIGHTS ARE ALSO PROVIDED ONLY UPON YOUR REQUEST
- To be notified of the location of the jail or prison where the defendant is to be confined.
- To receive, within 30 days of your request, notice of the earliest release date of the defendant from jail or prison.
- To be notified of a transfer or pending transfer of the defendant to a minimum security facility and the address of that facility.
- To be notified of the release or pending release of the defendant to a community residential program, extended furlough program, or any transfer to community stature.
- To be notified of a reduction of the defendant’s sentence as a result of the prison overcrowding Emergency Powers Act.
- To be promptly notified of the escape of the defendant.
- To address or submit a written statement to the parole board or to a member of any panel having authority over a defendant’s release on parole.
- To be notified within 14 days of the decision of a parole review.
- To be notified within 90 days before the defendant’s release from prison, if practical.
- To be notified of any hearing regarding a reprieve, commutation of sentence or pardon by the Governor.
*****TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE RIGHTS, YOU MUST NOTIFY THE SHERIFF (if the defendant was jailed) OR THE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS (if the defendant was sent to prison) THAT YOU WANT TO BE NOTIFIED. YOU MUST ALSO KEEP THE SHERIFF OR THE MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS INFORMED OF YOU CURRENT ADDRESS.*****
Wexford County Sheriff Department
820 Carmel Street
Cadillac, MI 49601
Michigan Department of Corrections
P.O. Box 30003
Steven T. Mason Building
Lansing, MI 48909